Code of Ethics
As a Personal Chef business owner and member of the United States Personal Chef Association, Shelley is solemnly committed to:
- Providing healthful, nutritious and delicious meals at an affordable price.
- Creating menus based upon the client’s needs and preferences.
- Using only the freshest meat, fish, vegetables and fruits available and quality ingredients.
- Adhering to stringent food safety and handling procedures at all times.
- Maintaining a professional and positive image of my business and the USPCA. Always acting in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations, particularly in matters of food preparation and health standards.
- Respecting my client’s home, property, belongings and privacy, always acting discreetly and as a member of his/her family.
- Keeping confidential any information about the client, which I may know as a result of work in his/her home.
- Prompt returning of phone messages and e-mail contacts.
- Full disclosure of any/all information requested by the client in regards to the preparation of meals.
- Leaving clear, concise storage and heating direction for meals prepared.
- Continued education in culinary arts and staying abreast of changes within the personal chef service industry.